Thursday, November 10, 2011

Growing Up

I just made (and consumed) my very first "throw together random items from the cupboard" meal, and I am so proud of myself. The simplicity of this meal is only matched in brilliance by it's deliciousness. This is something I would be able to cook for my grandparents and pretend I'd slaved in the kitchen all day. 
So what I did was:
Cooked a box of Rice a Roni (broccoli au gratin) and ate some of it the night before. 
Then I took my left over Rice a Roni and put it in an adorable, individual sized, polka dot casserole dish, and put a can of drained chicken on the top. You could probably mix this in as well, to each his own. I took this dish to the gourmet level by sprinkling Italian breadcrumbs on the top. I baked it at 425 for probably 10 minutes. 
Voila.

1 comment: