Before
After
The middle picture displays a future project that I will have get to do. My bathroom was originally just a tub (that happened to be unusable, so more like a stone hole), so we (and by we I mean the professionals) tiled all the way up and put in a water-resistant window with 2 layers of obscured glass (to keep my neighbors pure) to allow for a shower head. However, I can't count on my fingers the number of times Dan the tile-man told me how much he disagrees with having windows in a shower (too little too late Dan), so my genius mother came up with the idea to put a shower curtain over the window to keep the water out.
We (my mother) bought a window curtain that goes nicely with my main curtain, and I just used a cool 3M command strips hook thing that held up the rod, and then (because I didn't have any extra shower-curtain hooks) I made a pocket in the curtain with safety pins (I know, I'm impressed too).
The future project comes in because I plan to cut the curtain just below the window, and then make ties with the extra fabric to make a roman shade that can be brought down when I shower, but then put up as a window treatment every other time. And, use some obscure, new product called a needle and thread to secure the pocket. I'll keep you posted on that (but don't hold your breath, because the average person can hold their breath for under 3 minutes and my time frame for this project is being measured in months...)
** In the spirit of full disclosure, I feel that I should tell you that after my first shower, my command strip hook fell down and took my precious window treatment with it. If someone had asked me, "What would happen to adhesive if exposed to steam?" I would confidently say, "I'm glad you asked, adhesive would weaken when exposed to steam for a period of time". But when it comes to my good ideas of how to make my house a home, and my undying loyalty to 3M command strips... I forget the basics and am left disappointed...







No comments:
Post a Comment