Sunday, February 5, 2012

DIY scarf.

It's Puppybowl Sunday and, in true Sunday fashion, I have spent all day on the couch in my pjs. While wasting time productively getting inspiration on Pinterest, I came across this little masterpiece of t-shirt scarves
I have a couple of t-shirts that have sentimental value, but I'm not much of a t-shirt wearer, and I have to sleep in v-necks because anything touching my throat wakes me up in a fit of panic thinking I'm being choked, so they just sit in my closet waiting to see the light of day.
And this tutorial requires no sewing or discernable skill of any kind, so it was right up my alley. 
Seriously, this project is so simple that I was able to start and finish it with such a lack of energy that I haven't even brushed my teeth yet. 
I have a t-shirt that my dad gave me from the days when he skied across Europe doing the Vasaloppet (which he is currently doing as I write this, at the age of 57. And I am in my pjs at 1:30, at the age of 25...). I really like the sentiment of this shirt, but, as you can see, it's not exceptionally wearable: and it tries to strangle me to death while I sleep. 
 So I suggest watching the video for instructions, but it basically boils down to cutting plate-sized circles out of the shirt, cutting the circles into spirals, and then stretching the circles to make them look like ruffles. I didn't stretch too hard because this shirt, much like myself, had to navigate through the 80s, and it was a little delicate. 
Because I'm a bit sentimental, I cut one circle so I could still see the logo of the shirt

And because I am smelly-breathed, pj'd hot mess, puppy graciously offered to model for me. 
What a handsome fellow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment