Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Just in Time for V-Day

A few weeks ago I saw this shirt on Casey S on the Bachelor and fell in like. 
I thought it was a pretty cute shirt but I was also in the middle of my "do it yourself, moron" phase (it lasted about 1 week) and thought I'd give it a whirl.
But, just as Casey S put off telling Ben that she was in love with another man, so she could stay on reality TV, I put off updating this post so I could watch reality TV. So hopefully you are either incredibly patient and can wait to wear this next V-Day, or you can find a way to rock a heart t-shirt in March (not that I condone that behavior). 
I made good use of my "who doesn't need 5 3-packs of mean's white t-shirts" phase and cut up on of my shirts. I used a v-neck because it's all I had, but I recommend a crew-neck t; unless you think it is cool to have your neckline so wide that your shirt slips off your shoulders and down your abdomen while you are on the treadmill at the gym. I happened to find that experience very cool so it worked out for everyone. 
What I did was Cut out the neckline (again, maybe not necessary) and cut off the bottom inch-ish hem of the tee. I then cut the hem-circle into fringes and laid it on the front of the shirt in the shape of a heart. 
A few stitches later and voila, I was just like Casey S. ... alone with a heart t-shirt on Valentine's day. Hopefully she also indulged in a Papa Murphy's heart shaped pizza because that was one of the better decisions I've ever made. 


Since this adventure was very spontaneous, I didn't take any pictures. So here is the finished product, after a gym wear and a few washes. 





And if you have $30 laying around and don't want to bother with the cutting and the sewing, here is the link to the actual shirt Casey S. is wearing (thanks to my favorite website, Possessionista). 



No comments:

Post a Comment